|Meet Author Shante Reed|
Shante Reed was born and raised in rural Georgia. She is the oldest of three children. Reed was raised by her grandmother because her stepfather was in the military. She did not want to move around so to her grandmother she went. She started writing because in high school while she was dealing with depression. It took her relocating to California to begin to learn who she really was.
1. How long did it take for you to write I Am What You See?
It took 2 years because there were stretches in time I refused to write.
2. What inspired the idea for this book?
This book came about as I began to discover how God sees me.
3. How would you describe your book's ideal reader?
The ideal reader for this book is the person who seeks to grow spiritually.
4. What do you need in your writing space to help you stay focused?
It’s more about what I don’t need which is distractions.
5. How did you celebrate when you finished, I Am What You See?
6. Does writing energize or exhaust you? Or both? And why?
It energizes me because I am able to get out what is in my heart.
7. Are there any books or authors that inspired you to become a writer? If so, who were the authors and what were the titles of the books?
There are none.
8. What book (books) are you currently reading?
When Women Pray and Jesus Is Calling
9. What would you like to say to your readers?
I would like my readers to know that what I write comes from my heart.
I Am What You See can be purchased on Amazon in paperback and ebook version.
You can find the Author Shante Reed on the following networks: