Books 2 Read in Black History Month Feature Author Robert L. Horton
Meet Author Robert L. Horton
Robert L. Horton is a poet and author who is from Springfield, Illinois. Horton has written 3 books. The three books of poetry are entitled Released (2015); Miscellaneous Pieces (2017);
and his latest FAME (2020).
1. The book we reviewed for you was FAME. This was a poetry book. Would you consider this your genre? If so, why? Yes, poetry is my genre. The reason why poetry is my genre is because this is what I have been most comfortable with writing.
2. What would be your favorite poem in FAME?
It is a toss-up between Midnight Flower and Highs and Lows.
3. What would you consider to be common traps for aspiring writers?
A common trap would be thinking their work is not good enough to be published.
4. What is your favorite writing snack and drink?
Cheese/Crackers and wine
5. What is the most difficult part of your writing process?
Having a quiet place to write.
6. What advice would you give to a writer working on their first book?
To believe in their work and never give up on it.
7. How do you use social media as an author?
I post poems on my page.
8. If you could spend a day with another popular author, whom would you choose and why?
It would be with Dr. Jawanza Kunjufu because I can feel his passion coming through his writings.
9. What would you like to say to your readers?
I would like to say, thank you for all your support and I hope that you enjoy what I have to offer.
FAME can be purchased on Amazon in paperback version and at Barnes and Noble in an ebook version. Also it is available at www.damoodypoet.com.
You can find the Author Robert Horton on the following networks: